Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Beginning

So I've taken the plunge. I'm adjusting to a new life as a stay-at-home mom to a beautiful baby boy named Caleb Joseph. In my attempts to maintain some kind of social life as Caleb learns to discover his world, I have come across many different online "mommy support groups", if you will. One that I have enjoyed taking part in is the Babycenter Community. And I discovered through this community that this blogging thing is pretty popular! So I thought, "sure, I have time to make a blog". And so it begins.

I suppose you want to know a little bit about me. Perhaps so you will have some incentive for reading this lump of loquacious verbage in the first place. I have to say I'm not sure how witty I can be on a consistent basis, but I do enjoy writing. And maybe in some of my writings I can find a way to connect to a mom or two out there.

I married my darling Gregory on July 19, 2008. We had a fabulous (but simple) wedding:
We went to San Francisco for our Honeymoon, which in some ways was slightly less than fabulous (we won't get into it now), and had a pretty good time:

and then about 8 months later (ok so maybe we jumped the gun a little bit...), along came our little bundle of joy, Caleb:
. He was born March 4, 2009. Tomorrow he will be exactly 16 weeks old. So Caleb, then 7 lb 11 oz, is now closer to 16 lbs, and looks more like this: . He keeps me on my toes for sure, and I can't wait to document the many adventures that we have ahead of us. But for my next post, I think I'm going to go back in time a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment