Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ugh

There are days when I attempt to live the life I used to live (you know, like...busy every second, never bored), and I fail. I fail big time. Because when you have a 4 month old, his needs come first. And this morning I tried to go to some garage sales with a friend (good to get out of the house, right?) and the little stinker fussed the whole time. I spent most of my time holding a pacifier in his mouth. It was ridiculous. Then when we got home I knew he needed a nap and it took all I could muster to get him down. And even more than I could muster to KEEP him down. Seriously, this kid is exhausting. Right now he's laying here beside me making cute faces at me and I'm debating, "Should I go to the bank?". I've needed to go for a couple days now. Anymore though, any time I put Caleb in his car seat, he lets out a very distressed cry. He hates the car seat. I can't blame him, it's not like he can move around much when he's in there. He's not supposed to be able to move, that's the point. He makes grunting noises and plays with the buckles and chews on the straps and I swear one day he's going to figure out how to bust out of there. Then we'll be in REAL trouble.

Greg will be home from work soon and maybe I can convince him to stay with Caleb while I run to the bank. Hopefully I can get there before they close at 7. In the meantime, it's me and Caleb and Frankie (our poodle) and the Cosby Show. *sigh* What a life I live.

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel. It took me almost 2 weeks to get to the bank and when I got there she screamed most of the time. Geesh. Maybe in next month will be easier!

    ReplyDelete